While I am still on the hunt for the perfect Easter basket, I thought I'd share a few of the things we are putting in Noah's Easter basket this year. He is still too young for a basket full of candy, so we are mixing up limited sweets with toys and books. We bought him a few pairs of shorts, a few t-shirts, polos, and a new pair of shoes for spring/summer intended for his basket, but since the weather has been so nice, we tapped into everything early.
1. Goldfish Vanilla Cupcake Grahams-- Noah loves having Goldfish for an afternoon snack and when I saw these at the grocery store last week, I knew I had to put them in his Easter basket.
2. Frog cup with lid and straw-- I found this at Target in the dollar aisle and it's perfect for Noah. He loves "fwoggs" right now and I have a cup like this that he is always trying to get his little hands on.
3. Fruit snacks-- I found these "springtime" fruit snacks at Target and I liked the idea of fruit snacks because they don't seem as unhealthy as something like jelly beans.
4. Baby Touch and Feel book-- Noah loves books, but he is also an extremely active toddler, which means he can't still through some of the more advanced children's books we have for him yet. We already have a few other books from Baby Touch and Feel and they are perfect because they are interactive and short. He loves to read them in the car.
5. Reeses Eggs-- I can't pass up seasonal Reese's candy, especially when pregnant. So, I stocked Noah's basket up with them. They will most likely end up being for Dan & I. There are many other staple Easter candies like this, but I wanted to not include them in the basket since they will end up probably being less for Noah and more for Dan & I. While I'm a big fan of dessert after dinner, I try not to keep actual candy in the house.
6. Toys-- We have a bunny that Noah's aunt got him last year that we are going to put in for decoration. Since he is still so young, we can get away with reusing items like this and it offers a cute touch to the basket. Also, we plan to get a few more Hot Wheels cars to add to Noah's growing collection. As I mentioned above, the basket isn't finished, so another trip to Target is in order!
7. Easter eggs-- I haven't decided what I am going to put in these and I might end up buying another color of plastic eggs (most likely green) to fill his basket up with. I might keep them empty and let him play with them, as toddlers get a kick out of pretty much anything.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see the finished basket!
What is in your little one's Easter basket? Comment below :)